WARNING!! THE POWER LINES ARE BEING REMOVED AT THE BACK OF THE MAP ALONG THE DIRT ROAD FOR SAFETY REASONS. BE AWARE THAT THERE IS SEVERE ROTOR, SHOULD YOU FLY OVER THE BACK. STAY WELL FORWARD OF THE WOODEN FENCE WHEN COMING IN TO LAND.
WARNING!! THERE IS A NEW FENCE 10 METERS BELOW LAUNCH!
Cloudbase Paragliding has been tasked by the MapJumpClub with making sure that no-one uses The Map without a valid MapJumpClub membership. There will be times when this is not possible. At such times we will be relying on the honour system. Should any person be found abusing this system, they will be permanently barred from using the site.
Cloudbase Paragliding, nor any other party is authorized to collect any membership fees on or off The Map.
A membership can only be purchased by an individual pilot online through this site.
No school or other commercial organization is authorized to purchase membership(s) on behalf of someone else.
Doing so will result in membership termination of both the pilot and the person/organization involved. No refunds will be given.
When Cloubase Paragliding or any of their representatives are present on the site, the onus is on each commercial or non-commercial pilot to show proof of membership prior to using the site. Please carry with you proof of payment/membership. A printed or digital reciept will suffice. Please be courteous if asked to produce proof of membership/payment.
By adhering to the Site Rules below, you will be making "The Map" a safer place for all to enjoy. Thanks for your help and support.
Map of Africa ( 153m ASL)
This site is maintained and controlled by Cloudbase Paragliding
Site Grading: Student with a minimum of 10 flights
Site rules READ CAREFULLY BEFORE TAKING OFF
Phone ATC (044) 801 8809 to request flight clearance
Max Ceiling 465m ASL
Wind direction South East
All pilots: No launching in winds over 23kph
(Check for true wind direction on beach)
Land only on designated beach landing area
DO NOT fly west across the Kaaimans River (in George CTR)
No Trike/PPC allowed
Avoid loitering around residences and stay a minimum of 40m away or above houses
BEWARE OF THE FOLLOWING
Severe rotor on the back-side of the Map, north of the landing area. STAY WELL FORWARD OF THE WOODEN FENCE WHEN COMING IN TO LAND.
Stock fence about 10m below launch.
Power lines to the West of the take-off area
Scratching on the main road
(Have 10 meters clearance above the road)
Sudden gusts of wind (watch the water for an early warning)
Avoid people when landing on the beach
Speed Limit of 40km on dirt road
For further assistance please contact:
Jan Minnaar : 044 877 1414 or 082 777 8474
Site Code Of Conduct:
There is a limited amount of parking, take off , and flying space so all commercial operations must first register in advance via e-mail with Cloudbase Paragliding with the dates that they wish to operate from the Map Of Africa, and where applicable the number of students/group members/TFI’s they will have with them.
Only a limited amount of slots will be available to commercial operators for any one period.
This system applies to all commercial operations such as:
- Instructor’s training students
- Visiting Schools with groups
- Tandem Flight Instructor’s
- Any pilot demonstrating, or selling equipment
- Guided Groups
Only once you have received a confirmation via e-mail from Cloudbase Paragliding confirming that you may use the site for commercial purposes, may you go to the site.
If and when you do use the site, please respect the local residents and free flying pilots. If applicable, please ask your students/ guided pilots to do the same.
Please take note of and abide by the regulations stated on the site sign board.
This property is privately owned. Should the privilege of access to the flying site be abused, the site may be temporarily or permanently closed without prior notice. No fees will be refunded under such circumstances.
Respect and courtesy will be shown to Jan Minnaar of Cloudbase and his representatives. If at any time it is deemed that disrespect has been shown, then the privilege of using the site will be withdrawn.
Respect will be shown to the property. If at any time it is deemed that the property has been abused, then the privilege of using the site will be withdrawn.
All pilots using this site must abide by the Manual of Operations from SAHPA.
No driving of vehicles onto the property where it is not designated as parking.
No Smoking Allowed On The Property!!
We appreciate you abiding by the above rules. If ever you feel that you have been unfairly treated while using the Map Of Africa, please let us know by contacting us directly through this site.
COMMERCIAL OPERATORS ETHICS AND CODE OF CONDUCT
All flying members by default must be members of SAHPA and therefore must abide by ANNEXURE C – Code of Conduct of the Manual of Operations and Procedures as well as the site rules specified on the MapJumpClub website.
In addition to the above the following rules are applicable to all commercial operators who wish to operate from the Map of Africa Paragliding site:
1. All tandem pilots must respect that the take-off area is to be shared by a number of operators and allow for solo pilot’s space to launch when required.
2. Operators must ensure that their passengers are aware of the dangers of wandering into the take off and top landing area.
3. Each operator will be assigned an area to erect their stall (gazebo,tables,flags) on the field as indicated in a separate document. All operators must then only utilize this space on the field for their marketing material.
4. Each operator may erect one flag or A-frame in the parking area to indicate where their stall is from the road, there will be no other items placed in the parking area or in the road.
5. There will be no canvassing of the spectators. This means no "harassing" spectators with brochures or continual offers of flying. If a spectator approaches a member of an operator’s team and asks for information, or a brochure, or enquires about booking, then this is acceptable. All of this activity is to take place inside the Map fence. In the event that a commercial operator is alone on the Map (no other operators) then that operator can approach spectators as he or she sees fit. However, no "harassing" is allowed.
6. There will be no training of students during the two weeks spanning Christmas and New Year to alleviate risk, either on the take off, in the air or landing on the beach.
Note that for a business to be deemed as an operator they must be current members of SAHPA with the appropriate rating ie instructor or TFI and be a member of a registered school located in the Garden Route area, and only those companies deemed as an operator may advertise.
By purchasing a MapJumpClub membership, operators are agreeing to abide by the site rules on the website and the above rules.
If an operator does not wish to accept the above rules and they have a current membership, their membership fee will be refunded on a pro-rata basis, and they will no longer be able to operate from the Map of Africa site.